Job offer: Project Manager
Euskampus Fundazioa, a non-profit organisation backed by the University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Fundación Tecnalia, the Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC) and the University of Bordeaux (UB), is looking to incorporate a person to the executive team to act as Project Manager.
Euskampus Fundazioa has a proven track record in the co-development and implementation of strategic and operational programmes and projects together with diverse stakeholders, such as Universities, Technology Centres, Research Centres, Basque Government, Provincial Councils, Basque Country-Aquitaine-Navarra Euroregion, and many other entities.
- Fosters scientific research of excellence in collaboration, connection and integration with agents of the Basque university, scientific and innovation ecosystem, with a cross-border vocation and international dimension.
- Connects its partners with each other and with the necessary players to generate a leverage effect of their skills and experience, and make it available to the great social and global challenges.
- Facilitates interconnection, collaboration, participation and inclusion of the stakeholders through a systemic and multidisciplinary approach.
- Offers its own, unique way of addressing diversity based on a local approach combined with a global, cross-border and international vocation, whereby this approach comes from a natural conception of the multicultural and multilingual reality that dominates the current context.
- Believes in the transformation power of the research, innovation, training and transfer actions that build, with the aspiration of becoming a benchmark entity in Europe, on the promotion and measurement of social impact.
In all of the programmes that we promote or in which we participate, and in all of our projects, we foster values, such as genuine collaboration, co-leadership, mutual trust, inclusiveness, generosity and responsibility in order to contribute towards addressing global challenges and generating a greater impact and social value.
Mission of the Project Manager
Design, implementation, monitoring and communication of projects related to the field of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include the following functions and tasks, among others:
- Design and implementation of strategic and operational projects in the field of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation in the Basque Country.
- Preparation of project proposals and other studies and reports (analysis and synthesis of information and data).
- Management and technical support in Euskampus internal projects and also in those that are being carried out with other entities.
- Management and direct liaising with the entities with which Euskampus collaborates and cooperates in the implementation of projects.
- Stimulation, orientation and alignment of teams and people belonging to entities with different organisational cultures but with common objectives. Coordination with other professionals to carry out high quality work in order to guarantee an optimal experience for collaborating entities.
- Organisation and holding of summer courses, seminars, conferences, etc. for knowledge transfer and sharing.
- Local and international communication and dissemination of the activities developed.
- University graduate degree.
- At least 5 years professional experience in relation to the post's mission and its responsibilities.
- Proven experience in Project Management Offices (PMO) and technical support, as well as advanced digital skills in office tools and data processing.
- Oral and written communication skills in English, Spanish and Basque. It is very important to have the speaking and writing skills in the three languages to be able to participate in a meeting, present a paper, draft a report or interact effortlessly over the phone or by e-mail.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Willingness to travel to local and international meetings, encounters and events.
The following will also be highly valued:
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation System.
- Other professional experiences, mainly in the fields of strategic consultancy, innovation or regional development.
- Doctorate Degree or to be currently working on the thesis.
- International experience.
- Analytical skills and command of the quantitative and qualitative methodologies of social sciences.
- Problem solving skills in a conceptual and creative way.
- Autonomous development and pragmatic and problem-solving approach.
- Capacity to function in a challenging and dynamic environment that is highly demanding and high performance.
- Positive professional attitude and ability to adapt to changes in priorities to instil confidence in the team.
- Leadership and proactive attitude when it comes to proposing new projects and identifying new opportunities.
- Management of diversity and multiculturalism
What impact are you going to cause?
Each day, your work will have an important impact and you will develop your professional career in a dynamic culture of integration, collaboration, excellent results and effort based on diversity. As a core entity of the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation System, Euskampus will help you take advantage of unrivalled opportunities to address our social and global challenges as a country and to develop all of your potential.
Furthermore, working with us will enable you to:
- Develop your work in an entity that is well-positioned and reputed for its work and results obtained in the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation System.
- Participate in avant-garde projects for the Public Administrations, leading companies and clusters of the different industrial sectors, main financial entities in the Basque Country and their social works, etc.
- Develop your personal and professional career through solid and continued training.
- Work in highly talented teams with an excellent work atmosphere.
- Immediate incorporation at our Bilbao headquarters.
- Salary to be discussed according to the candidate’s profile.
- Permanent contract.
To apply, please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the reference#euskampus_proyectos by 22 March 2023.
Subscribe to Newskampus
And get our latest news in your inbox.