Job offer: Project Officer
Euskampus Fundazioa, a non-profit organisation backed by the University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Fundación Tecnalia, the Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC) and the University of Bordeaux (UB), is looking to incorporate a person to the executive team to act as Project Officer.
Euskampus Fundazioa has a proven track record in the co-development and implementation of strategic and operational programmes and projects together with diverse stakeholders, such as Universities, Technology Centres, Research Centres, Basque Government, Provincial Councils, Basque Country-Aquitaine-Navarra Euroregion, and many other entities.
- Fosters scientific research of excellence in collaboration, connection and integration with agents of the Basque university, scientific and innovation ecosystem, with a cross-border vocation and international dimension.
- Connects its partners with each other and with the necessary players to generate a leverage effect of their skills and experience, and make it available to the great social and global challenges.
- Facilitates interconnection, collaboration, participation and inclusion of the stakeholders through a systemic and multidisciplinary approach.
- Offers its own, unique way of addressing diversity based on a local approach combined with a global, cross-border and international vocation, whereby this approach comes from a natural conception of the multicultural and multilingual reality that dominates the current context.
- Believes in the transformation power of the research, innovation, training and transfer actions that build, with the aspiration of becoming a benchmark entity in Europe, on the promotion and measurement of social impact.
In all of the programmes that we promote or in which we participate, and in all of our projects, we foster values, such as genuine collaboration, co-leadership, mutual trust, inclusiveness, generosity and responsibility in order to contribute towards addressing global challenges and generating a greater impact and social value.
Mission of the Project Officer
Technical assistance in the Cooperative Research and Innovation area of Euskampus Fundazioa, in the development of joint projects in the field of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, promoted by the Euskampus Trustees, Public Administrations or other social entities.
In the heart of the Euskampus Fundazioa operating team, the successful candidate will carry out the following functions, among others:
- Support in the compilation, analysis and synthesis of information for the design of projects and programmes: information on trends and higher education, science and research agents.
- Help to foster collaborative, interdisciplinary and multi-agent co-creation working dynamics.
- Support in liaison with research groups, university centres, companies and social entities (local and international) that facilitates the advancement of projects and enables new initiatives to be started.
- Support in the management of calls for cooperative research (design and launch of the call for projects, management of the external evaluation and accompaniment in the implementation and visibility of the results of the projects and initiatives supported by Euskampus).
- Involvement in the drawing up of proposals for their presentation and acceptance by the entities that are strategic for the fulfilment of the Euskampus mission.
- Project monitoring, evaluation and justification and their corresponding reports and presentations.
- Assistance in design tasks and the organisation of communication and dissemination activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Oral and written communication skills in English, Spanish and Basque. It is very important to have the speaking and writing skills in the three languages to be able to participate in a meeting, present a paper, draft a report or interact effortlessly over the phone or by e-mail.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Proficiency in advanced digital skills including
- Office tools. Microsoft Office package with advanced level of Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- The use of data processing tools will be an asset.
- Use of online platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, Teams, Mural, Mentimeter...).
- User level management of web content (editing of web content, uploading of news and graphic supports) and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, ...).
- Willingness to travel to local and international meetings, encounters and events.
Other aspects that will be taken into consideration:
- Postgraduate degree
- Knowledge and handling of scientific sources of information and industrial property.
- Other professional experiences, mainly in the fields of strategic consultancy, innovation or regional development.
Personal Requirements and Skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative
- Service-minded and result-oriented
- Highly committed and able to work in a team
- High analytical capacity and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under pressure and uncertainty
- Ability to obtain and analyse data.
- Ability to synthesise
- Organised and orderly person
- Open, accessible and permanently connected
- Communication skills and dynamism.
What impact are you going to cause?
Each day, your work will have a major impact and you will develop your professional career in a dynamic culture of integration and collaboration as part of a high performance, result-oriented team based on diversity. As a core entity of the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation System and based on the relevance of it for our trustees (UPV/EHU, Tecnalia, DIPC, the University of Bordeaux, Ikerbasque, Ormazabal and CAF), Euskampus will help you take advantage of unrivalled opportunities to address our social and global challenges as a country and to develop all of your professional and personal potential.
Furthermore, working with us will enable you to:
- Develop your work in an entity that is well-positioned and reputed for its work and results obtained in the Basque Science, Technology and Innovation System.
- Participate in avant-garde projects for the scientific community, Public Administrations, leading companies and clusters of the different industrial sectors, main financial entities in the Basque Country and their social works, etc.
- Develop your personal and professional career through solid and continued training.
- Work in highly talented teams with an excellent work atmosphere.
- Immediate incorporation at our Leioa headquarters.
- Salary to be discussed according to the candidate’s profile.
- Permanent contract.
To apply, please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference #euskampus_tecnico/a by 22 March 2023.
Subscribe to Newskampus
And get our latest news in your inbox.